Through his experience working in private business as a senior manager, business developer, and business owner, Mr. Sweeney is a multi-disciplined business adviser and strategist. Scott serves as Chairman of the Georgia State Board of Education and was appointed by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp to serve on the board representing the 6th Congressional District. He previously served an 8-year term as an elected member of the Cobb County Board of Education beginning in 2011.
As the Senior Director of Brewery Retail & Real Estate for the Pabst Brewing Co., he led the firm’s new brewery development from inception and construction through project completion. With Talonvest Capital, Williams Capital, and Buchanan Street Partners, he provided advisory services on over $900 million in total capital commitments for commercial properties with an aggregate value over $3 billion. Working with Fidelity National Financial, he developed the firm’s National Title Services within the southeastern United States and where he also launched the firm’s §1031 qualified intermediary services including the delivery of for-credit CLE seminars. As a partner and senior manager, he has developed, constructed, and operated nationally recognized restaurants in CA, OR, NV, GA and CO.
Scott has served as a board or committee member on national, state and local non-profit organizations. He is a frequent speaker at industry and education events, and an author of articles for industry publications and education within the Cobb County community.
He and his wife Sandy reside in East Cobb with their two children.
- UCLA – BA Economics
- Georgia State Board of Education – Chairman and representing the 6th Congressional District
- Georgia Career, Technical, Agricultural and Education Business & Industry Advisory Committee
- Cobb County Board of Education – Past Chair & Current Vice-Chair
- Georgia Education Coalition – Past President & Vice President
- Georgia School Board Association – Government Operations Committee; 6th
- Congressional District Delegate to Federal Relations Network
- Walton High School Governance Council